Breaking Barriers provides services and advocacy to those with special needs. Among the services provided:
- Facilitating group recreation events
- Mediation with Michigan state agencies for those with special needs
- Referrals to other service providers
- Respite for caregivers
- B.E.A.M. Project – Braille, English as a second language, Acculturation and Mobility: helps better equip those with visual impairments to live independent lives
- H.E.A.L. Project – Hard of Hearing, English as a second language, American Sign Language, and Life Skills: helps better equip those with hearing impairments to live independent lives
To inquire about the program, contact 586-722-7253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.