Behavioral Health Case Worker
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a Behavioral Health Case Worker to join its Sterling Heights location Breaking Barriers team. The ideal candidate must be fluent in English and either Arabic and Chaldean/Aramaic with an understanding of the Chaldean community.
Under the direction of the CCF Behavioral Health Program Manager and the Breaking Barriers Program Manager, provide clients services, particularly to clients with identified intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, their caregivers and older adults. This position is responsible for managing an assigned caseload of clients and developing, implementing and reviewing case work services and working with other community resources in meeting and achieving client service needs.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver office-based behavioral health case management services to clients seeking services at CCF.
- Instruct, develop and participate in Behavioral Health programming designed to support and encourage the client’s positive functioning and interaction in their home and community, including physical activity groups.
- Continually assess client needs and need for services, adapting services provided about client progress and need.
- Work cooperatively with other team members and client caregivers in the provision of services to meet goals.
- Conduct intake and document services provided, treatment goals, progress notes, assessments, etc. as directed by Behavioral Health team managers.
- Provide on-going supportive and/or case management functions in accordance with the problems, needs, and the strategies identified within the service plan in order to help the clients to achieve the stated goals and objectives.
- Establish effective working relationships with internal agency staff as well as with relevant community organizations and resources, coordinating provision of services as needed
- Support the mission, philosophy, goals and objectives of CCF.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to participate and encourage participation in health and wellness-based programs, including exercise and art therapy.
- High degree of stress tolerance and ability to remain calm and patient for overwhelmed and frustrated clients.
- Ability to maintain a promote and encourage a positive and emotionally stable environment for clients.
- Ability and appreciation for working with diverse populations including children and families, especially their cultural background, heritage and identity.
- Must adhere to CCF policy of client confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the functions of other health and social agencies and their relationships to social work and the behavioral health field preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing as well as some degree of proficiency in Microsoft suite applications.
- Ability to speak and present in front of groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the organization, including the community.
- Ability to establish relations and work effectively with staff, clients, and the community.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High school diploma required. Associates or bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working with special needs populations preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Chaldean required.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “Behavioral Health Case Worker” in the subject line.