Behavioral Health Case Worker
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health, and wellness of
those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a Behavioral Health Case Worker to join its
Sterling Heights location, Breaking Barriers team. The ideal candidate must be fluent in English
and either Arabic or Chaldean/Aramaic with an understanding of the Chaldean Community.
Under the direction of the CCF Behavioral Health Program Manager and the Breaking Barriers
Program Manager, provide clients services, particularly to clients with identified intellectual
and/or developmental disabilities, their caregivers, and older adults. This position is responsible
for managing an assigned caseload of clients and developing, implementing, and reviewing
case work services and working with other community resources in meeting and achieving client
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Deliver office-based behavioral health case management services to clients seeking
services at CCF.
• Instruct, develop, and participate in Behavioral Health programming designed to support
and encourage the client’s positive functioning and interaction in their home and
community, including physical activity groups.
• Continually assess client needs and need for services, adapting services provided about
client progress and need.
• Work cooperatively with other team members and client caregivers in the provision of
services to meet goals.
• Conduct intake and document services provided, treatment goals, progress notes,
assessments, etc. as directed by Behavioral Health team managers.
• Provide on-going supportive and/or case management functions in accordance with the
problems, needs, and the strategies identified within the service plan to help the clients
to achieve the stated goals and objectives.
• Establish effective working relationships with internal agency staff as well as with
relevant community organizations and resources, coordinating provision of services as
• Support the mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of CCF.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to participate and encourage participation in health and wellness-based programs,
including exercise and art therapy.
• High degree of stress tolerance and ability to remain calm and patient for overwhelmed
and frustrated clients.
• Ability to maintain a promote and encourage a positive and emotionally stable
environment for clients.
• Ability and appreciation for working with diverse populations including children and
families, especially their cultural background, heritage, and identity.
• Must adhere to CCF policy of client confidentiality.
• Knowledge of the functions of other health and social agencies and their relationships to
social work and the behavioral health field preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing as well as some degree of
proficiency in Microsoft suite applications.
• Ability to speak and present in front of groups.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the
organization, including the community.
• Ability to establish relations and work effectively with staff, clients, and the community.
• Proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• High school diploma required. Associates or bachelor’s degree in Social Work or
related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• 1 to 2 years’ experience working with special needs populations preferred.
• Fluency in Arabic and/or Chaldean required.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.