Behavioral Health Therapist: LMSW
The Chaldean Community Foundation is expanding its behavioral health services program and is seeking a highly qualified leader to serve as a Behavioral Health LMSW Therapist.
Under the direction of the Integrated Health Program Director provides outpatient therapeutic services out of our Project Light mental health program to individuals with identified mental health and/or intellectual/developmental disabilities. Outpatient therapy includes psycho-educational activities/interventions designed to assist the client in building or improving problem solving skills and functionality. Services are provided with client-centered and family-centered approaches and are delivered through time-limited, goal specific interventions
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide integrated delivery of clinical services to clients and their families seeking behavioral health treatment and care;
- Deliver community, office-based behavioral health services to clients seeking services at CCF;
- Provide therapeutic interventions to the identified client in order to enhance and foster the client’s optimal functioning and interactions in the home and community;
- Continually assess client needs, service availability and appropriateness;
- Work cooperatively with treatment team members and the family in the provision of services to meet the goals developed in the Person-Centered Treatment Plan;
- Provide the appropriate documentation for service delivery including treatment goals, progress notes and billing and submit said documentation as specified by third-party payers and CCF’s standards;
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Program and other staff meetings and initiatives;
- Adhere to CCF’s policies and procedures while supporting the mission, philosophy, goals and objectives of CCF;
- Implement clinical practices in accordance with principles of evidence-based practices and co-occurring integrated care;
- Work closely with and provides behavioral health support to CCF’s staff, as requested;
- Work full time in our thriving multi-disciplinary health and human services offices located in Sterling Heights;
- Achieve service outcomes that meet or exceed established standards;
- Ensure compliance with guidelines and governing regulations;
- Ensure the consistency of clinical charting standards and requirements; and
- Ensure that all services are provided with a passion for trauma-informed care utilizing evidence based clinical practices.
Education and Experience Required
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work, LMSW in Michigan is required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in direct client treatment in an outpatient behavioral health setting preferred
- Fluency in Arabic strongly preferred
- Ability to provide an emotionally stable environment for clients
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of client
- Comprehensive knowledge of behavioral health best practices;
- Knowledge of the functions of other health and social agencies and their relationships to social work and the behavioral health field;
- Ability to make responsible decisions in accordance with regulations and established policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to understand and work with managed care principles and to translate same to staff;
- Ability to act alone, to make independent judgments or decisions, and to take the initiative in influencing events;
- Ability to establish relations and work effectively with staff, clients, and the community.
Don’t miss this opportunity to work with an exciting team and make a positive difference in the lives of individuals and families in Southeast Michigan. CCF is a private, non-profit providing health and human services to individuals in Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne Counties.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Behavioral Health Therapist: LMSW” in the subject line.