Career Services Case Manager
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to advancing the needs of the Chaldean American community and the communities in which they live and work through education, charitable giving and advocacy. Among its missions is to provide Iraqi Christian and Chaldean refugees with necessary medical, psychological and social services to assist with American acculturation.
The Foundation is seeking a tri-lingual case manager to join its Sterling Heights location. The ideal candidate is fluent in English, Arabic and Chaldean/Aramaic with an understanding of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians. Night and weekend hours may be required.
Assist clients in receiving social services and provide guidance related to job placement, career planning and counseling, and financial aid services for higher education.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advise clients on job search strategies, resume development and interviewing.
- Draft and edit resumes and cover letters for clients.
- Assist in coordinating and working job fairs.
- Complete Financial Aid Applications online.
- Develop relationships with employers by utilizing techniques to connect with decision makers and gain contacts.
- Match clients with jobs and send resumes to employers.
- Ensure client reporting data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Follow up with clients to track activities, job opportunities and employment.
- Available to work some (average once a month) evenings and weekends (events, seminars, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources or related field.
- Highly proficient in resume writing.
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License and appropriate insurance.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Chaldean required.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide an emotionally stable environment for clients
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of client
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “case manager” in the subject line.