The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to advancing the needs of the Chaldean American community and the communities in which they live and work through education, charitable giving and advocacy. Among its missions is to provide Iraqi Christian and Chaldean refugees with necessary medical, psychological and social services to assist with American acculturation.
The CCF is seeking a tri-lingual case manager to join its Sterling Heights location. The ideal candidate is fluent in English, Arabic and Chaldean/Aramaic with an understanding of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians. Night and weekend hours may be required.
Assist clients in receiving social services related to immigration, unemployment, job placement/career counseling, English as a second language (ESL), housing, transportation, financial aid, mental health services and medical care.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to clients on an individual basis to help them receive a variety of services including immigration, unemployment, job placement/career counseling, English and a second language (ESL), housing, transportation, financial aid, mental health services and medical care.
- Provide translation services for clients.
- Record and report all client activities with a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Direct clients to other resources or social service agencies as needed.
- Serve as an advocate on behalf of clients.
- Available to work some (average once a month) evenings and weekends (events, seminars, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of psychology, social work or a related field preferred.
- One year of experience working with a mentally ill population is preferred.
- Experience with resource development for children and families in need.
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License and appropriate insurance.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Chaldean required.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide an emotionally stable environment for clients
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of client
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “case manager” in the subject line.