The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Foundation is seeking a bi or tri-lingual case manager to join its Sterling Heights location. The ideal candidate is fluent in English, Arabic and Chaldean/Aramaic with an understanding of the Chaldean community. Night and weekend hours may be required.
Assist clients in receiving social services related to immigration, unemployment, job placement/career counseling, English as a second language (ESL), housing, transportation, financial aid, mental health services and medical care.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to clients on an individual basis to help them receive a variety of services including immigration, unemployment, job placement/career counseling, English and a second language (ESL), housing, transportation, financial aid, mental health services and medical care.
- Provide translation services for clients.
- Record and report all client activities with a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Direct clients to other resources or social service agencies as needed.
- Serve as an advocate on behalf of clients.
- Available to work some (average once a month) evenings and weekends (events, seminars, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of psychology, social work or a related field preferred.
- One year of experience working in an area related to social services is strongly preferred.
- Experience with resource development for children and families in need is required.
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License and appropriate insurance.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Chaldean required.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide an emotionally stable environment for clients
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of client
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Case Worker” in the subject line.