Chaldean News Editor
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The CCF is seeking a Chaldean News Editor (part time) to join its Farmington Hills location. The ideal candidate should have extensive journalism, editorial, and communications, experience with an understanding of the Chaldean community.
The Editor will effectively develop and create engaging and relevant editorial content for the Chaldean News and related CCF/CACC publications. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of publications, managing website and social media content and serving as the public voice of the CN.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Participate on the editorial advisory board.
• Collaborate with publisher and creative director to ensure content is in keeping with mission.
• Develop and maintain an editorial content calendar.
• Develop a cohesive strategy for online, print and social media platforms.
• Apply and maintain a consistent tone throughout journalistic publications.
• Meet with members of the Chaldean Community to interview and capture content for editorial pieces.
• Compose pieces that cover and contribute to the overall Chaldean experience.
• Compose editorial pieces related to the Chaldean and Arabic communities, highlighting pertinent events.
• Determine required elements of each story, ensuring content is well researched and supported.
• Hire contributors for the publication, staying within budget.
• Ensure the CN’s editorial standards are met and all relevant copyrights, local and legal guidelines are adhered to.
• Provide content, curation and dispatch strategy for social media, e-newsletters, website and podcasts.
• Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
• Excellent composition and editing skills.
• Creative and highly adept at capturing narratives and experiences, particularly relating to culture.
• Photography skills preferred.
• Chaldean or Arabic language proficiency preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
• Minimum of three years of experience creating published editorial or journalistic work.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to complete projects on time without daily supervision; high degree of initiative and detail.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Must be able to work evenings as needed, depending on events.
• Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator, basic knowledge of video editing a plus.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “Chaldean News Editor” in the subject line.