The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health, and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a Citizenship Instructor to join its Sterling Heights location. The ideal candidate is fluent in English, with an understanding of the Chaldean community and the plight of refugees. Night hours may be required.
To teach all aspects of the citizenship instruction curriculum which teaches legal permanent residents the U.S. Naturalization process. This includes Reading, Writing, 100 U.S. Civics questions, understanding the N-400 application and understanding basic commands in English.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan lessons twice a week for 10 weeks that cover all aspects of the Citizenship curriculum.
- Prep and check class materials.
- Administer pre-tests and post-tests to students.
- Make follow-up phone calls to students that were absent from class.
- Record and report all client activities with a high level of accuracy and detail, including daily attendance.
- Available to work some mornings and possibly evenings (substitute for evening instructor).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with one year of Adult ESL teaching experience or TESOL Certification.
- Knowledge of the N-400 application.
- Knowledge of all requirements needed to become a U.S. Citizen.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to provide an emotionally stable environment for clients
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage, and identity of client
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to teach a multi-level classroom
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.