The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to advancing the needs of the Chaldean American community and the communities in which they live and work through education, charitable giving and advocacy. Among its missions is to provide Iraqi Christian and Chaldean refugees with necessary medical, psychological and social services to assist with American acculturation.
The Foundation is seeking a Citizenship Instructor to join its Sterling Heights location. The ideal candidate is fluent in English, with an understanding of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians. The hours for this position will be Monday and Wednesday from 5:30-8:30 PM.
To teach all aspects of the Citizenship Instruction Curriculum which teaches legal permanent residents the U.S. Naturalization process. This includes Reading, Writing, 100 U.S. Civics questions, understanding the N-400 application and understanding basic commands in English.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan lessons twice a week for 10 weeks that cover all aspects of the Citizenship curriculum.
- Prep and check class materials.
- Administer Pre and Posttests to students.
- Make follow-up phone calls to students that were absent from class.
- Record and report all client activities with a high level of accuracy and detail, including daily attendance.
- Available to work some mornings and possibly evenings (as substitute for evening instructor).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with two years of Adult ESL teaching experience or TESOL Certification.
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License and appropriate insurance.
- Knowledge of the N-400 application.
- Knowledge of all requirements needed to become a U.S. Citizen.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to provide an emotionally stable environment for clients
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of client
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to teach a multi-level classroom.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “citizenship instructor” in the subject line.