Early Childhood Development Aide (Part-Time)
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a part time Early Childhood Development Aide, to assist with classroom instruction Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until noon which will include a half an hour of class preparation/cleanup time before and after classes begin. The ideal candidate will have a background as an instructor or as an instruction aide in early childhood education and will be fluent in Arabic, or Chaldean/Aramaic.
To aide and assist the Early Childhood Development Instructor with classroom preparation and instruction and provide aide and assistance to parents or guardians and their children attending the classes.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Aide the Instructor in teaching class material focusing on literacy, STEM, music, art and other typical core education subjects
- Aide attendees of the program to foster a positive and interactive learning environment.
- Provide Arabic translation services when needed for the attendees and the instructor
- Maintain and update curriculum to respond to relevant academic changes and standards
- Assist instructor with engaging attendees of the program to promote family interactions centered on learning and literacy
- Assist in classroom preparation before class and cleanup as needed post class
Education and Experience
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Development or comparable education preferred
- Fluency in Arabic, Chaldean/Aramaic strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of experience instructing or aiding in instruction in an early childhood classroom environment
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Experience with virtual education instruction preferred
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families
- Excellent rapport with children and understanding of their learning abilities
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of client
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Attention to detail with great organizational skill
- Stress tolerance
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Early Childhood Development Aide” in the subject line.