Early Childhood Development Coordinator
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation. Core programs include: Department of Education, Citizenship, Immigration Services, Social Services, Career Services, and Behavioral Health.
The CCF is seeking an Early Childhood Development Coordinator to join its Bright Beginnings Program in its Sterling Heights location. The Coordinator is responsible for providing the community with parent/early childhood programming and resources through instruction of the Early Childhood education courses, developing Early Childhood curriculum, acting as a parent liaison for the community, and hosting Early Childhood events for the public.
- Coordinate parent/caregiver — children (ages 0 to 5) workshops to promote healthy family relationships through interaction and milestone achievement.
- Provide one-on-one appointments during afternoons with families to plan a pathway to goals (i.e assist with pre-school and kindergarten registration, secure educational resources, etc.).
- Collaborate with and designate duties to the Early Childhood Education Aide.
- Develop and maintain network of local childhood development resources to enhance program, keeping current on changes in the development of Early Childhood research and programming field.
- Work with the CCF Outreach team to develop marketing materials for Early Childhood programming.
- Determine need for, order, and maintain classroom materials.
- Keep current on CCF resources and departments with the ability to make in house client referrals based on observation and understanding of clients’ circumstances and need.
- Build and maintain relationships with families in the program.
- Ability to provide an emotionally stable environment for clients.
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families.
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage, and identity of clients.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Strong information management, organizing and planning skills with high attention to detail.
- Initiative, with ability to work autonomously with minimal oversight as well as work collaboratively with other team members and departments.
- Reliable and punctual; a driver’s license is required for this position.
- Possess a high degree of stress tolerance.
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Outstanding communication skills
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or 3-5 years of early childhood and program management experience.
- 2-3 years experience developing, implementing, and updating curriculum.
- 2-3 years experience overseeing a classroom; experience providing direction to classroom aide is preferred.
- Arabic/Chaldean speaking is preferred but not required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “Early Childhood Development Coordinator” in the subject line.