Early Childhood Development Instructor
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health, and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking an Early Childhood Development Instructor for classroom instruction Monday through Friday. The ideal candidate will have a background in early childhood education and curriculum development.
To develop and maintain an educational curriculum and provide classroom instruction for children up to age 5 years old.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Develop a curriculum for early childhood instruction with a focus on topics such as literacy, STEM, music, art, and other typical core education subjects.
• Provide classroom-based instruction (virtual when applicable) to attendees.
• Maintain and update curriculum to respond to relevant academic changes and standards.
• Engage attendees in classroom instruction and activity to promote family interactions centered on learning and literacy.
• Attend meetings with the CCF Department of Education to provide updates on classroom activity and curriculum.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in education or early childhood development is required.
• State of Michigan teaching certificate is required.
• Experience building an early education curriculum.
• 2-3 years of experience in classroom instruction.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills.
• Experience with virtual education instruction preferred.
• Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families
• Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage, and identity of client
• Ability to keep confidential information
• Professional personal presentation
• Attention to detail with great organizational skills
• Stress tolerance