English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a part time morning ESL Instructor to provide instruction on English as a Second Language to adults. This will be a morning class, with the hours of instruction occurring Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m., with a half an hour prior to class start for classroom preparation. The ideal candidate will possess a background in teaching English as a second language working with individuals with varying cultural and ethnic backgrounds. The preferred candidate will be able to fluently speak Arabic and have an understanding of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians.
To assist in improving the English reading, writing and speaking skills of students of diverse ages, education and backgrounds through classroom instruction with the purpose of helping the student to acquire fluency in the English language and by bridging the students native culture with their new cultural experience in the United States.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction in reading, writing, speaking, understanding, workforce skills, culture, and more to adult English Language Learners (ELL) in an adult classroom containing varying levels of educational achievement in up to 4 settings: Beginner ESL, Intermediate ESL, ESL for employment and ESL for Citizenship.
- Utilize the CCF proprietary ESL curriculum, building onto it with a curriculum the ESL instructor creates.
- Assess student progress throughout the course, providing additional educational support to those who may need it to ensure student is succeeding and achieving curriculum and content standards.
- Engage students to encourage and maintain attendance and continuity of education.
- Provide updates to the CCF Education Program department on classroom activity, participation and curriculum.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and certification in TESOL required.
- Teaching license preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in TESOL instruction.
- Ability to teach a classroom with varying degrees of English proficiency.
- Fluency in Arabic required, fluency in Chaldean/Aramaic preferred.
- Knowledge of computers and applications.
- Experience with virtual education instruction preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse adult populations
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of client
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Attention to detail with great organizational skill
- Stress tolerance
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “ESL Instructor” in the subject line.