The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking an Enrollment Coordinator to join its Sterling Heights location. The ideal candidate will have a background in education coordination working with diverse backgrounds. The candidate will be required to be fluent in English and Arabic, preferably also fluent in Chaldean/Aramaic, with an understanding of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians. Some night hours may be required.
To provide assistance to instructors and clients within the CCF educational program including educational assessments, standardized testing, enrollment translation services as well as perform additional administrative duties within the CCF Department of Education program.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assess clients educational background and provide standardized testing to clients from a variety of CCF educational programs.
- Assist clients with enrolling in CCF education programs (ESL, GED, Citizenship).
- Provide translation services for client and instructors as needed before during and after classroom activities.
- Contact clients on waitlists for CCF classes to provide updates or further assist with enrollment.
- Maintain knowledge of the CCF services available to clients to discuss with them as needed.
- Assist with CCF Immigration program overflow of assessments as needed.
- Provide metrics and reports on client participation and progress, contacting clients who’s attendance is declining.
Education and Experience
- 2 to 3 years of experience in student/client coordination of educational programs
- Advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- IT and computer skill proficiency including a background working with client management systems
- Classroom experience preferred
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Chaldean preferred
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of client
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail