The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a Receptionist to join its team on site, from 12:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., to assist in taking calls and logging call information, attending to visitors and responding appropriate to inquiries. Fluency in Arabic is required. The Receptionist will also supply information regarding the organization to the general public and clients. During evening hours, the Receptionist will provide assistance to evening education clients and other CCF event attendees. This role may also include administrative duties in the back office. The candidate should also possess a firm comprehension of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians.
- Greet visitors, students, clients, and other guests arriving on site.
- Monitor guest check in for health screen checklist completion.
- Answer a high volume of inbound calls, screening callers, logging information, and transferring calls as needed.
- Greet clients attending evening classes and guests attending evening CCF events.
- Capture visitor information on a spreadsheet
- Relay priority client messages to CCF evening educators as needed.
- Assist with Data Entry, general administrative and clerical support, including ordering and managing office supplies.
- Provide appropriate information to callers and log their information.
- Direct persons to respective personnel.
- Manage questions and concerns appropriately from the public and from clients.
- Prepare letters and documents.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
- Schedule appointments
- Facility closing duties including lockup and building checks.
- Some flexibility to stay past 8:00 p.m. as needed.
Education, Skills and Experience
- High school diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years experience working in a call center atmosphere and data entry preferred.
- 2 or more years in customer service in an office setting
- Ability to manage a high call volume
- Experience working evening shift in an administrative setting preferred
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Arabic or Chaldean speaking is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail and ability to follow process of logging caller information.
- Ability to work in a high-volume call environment.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Information management, including social media and basic website knowledge.
- Experience using Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft applications.
- Organizing and planning skills, with a strong sense of initiative
- Reliable and punctual
- High degree of stress tolerance and ability to handle concerned callers.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Knowledge of the history of the Chaldean community preferred.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Evening Receptionist” in the subject line.