Family Law Attorney
Handle all legal matters relating to Family Law. Primarily assist individuals with divorce, custody disputes, child support enforcement, guardianships and civil legal matters that pertain to the family unit.
- Ability to represent clients in matters involving divorce, alimony, child custody, domestic violence, property division upon divorce and guardianship.
- Attend hearings, mediations, depositions, and other relevant legal meetings.
- Ability to provide an emotionally stable environment for clients.
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families.
- Conduct client interviews.
- Conduct research.
- Prepare legal memorandums.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of clients.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, other members of the office team, and other legal professionals within the community.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, meet deadlines and handle conflict resolution.
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- The candidate must have a JD degree from an ABA-approved law school and be an active member in good standing of the Michigan state Bar.
- Requires 1 – 2 years family law experience.
- Outstanding legal research, writing and public speaking skills.
- Dedication to providing high quality legal assistance and capable of handling complex legal issues on behalf of low-income new American population.
- Arabic and/or Chaldean speaking is preferred but not required.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “Family Law Attorney Position” in the subject