GED Program Instructor
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a GED Program Instructor to provide general education to students seeking their GED. Flexibility for evening course instruction may be required. The ideal candidate will possess a background in adult education working with students at varying levels of school completion. The candidate will be required to fluently speak Arabic and have an understanding of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians.
To provide instruction of general education requirements to a classroom of students who are at different levels of education with the goal of preparing them to successfully obtain their GED.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction and assistance on general and core competency courses of a web-based or in class GED curriculum including math, English, history and other areas that are at typical part of a high school curriculum.
- Assess student progress throughout the course, providing additional educational support to those who may need it.
- Monitor attendance and engage students to encourage and maintain continuity of education in pursuit of their GED.
- Provide updates to the CCF Education Program department on classroom activity, participation and curriculum
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience teaching at a high school level.
- Ability to teach a classroom of students who possess varying levels of education and capabilities.
- Fluency in Arabic required, fluency in Chaldean/Aramaic preferred.
- Knowledge of computers and applications.
- Experience with virtual education instruction preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse adult populations
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of client
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Attention to detail with great organizational skill
- Stress tolerance
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “GED Program Instructor” in the subject line.