The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health, and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a part-time GED Instructor to provide GED and other basic adult education instruction to students for GED and basic workforce development training. The hours for this position will be 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. three days/week. The ideal candidate will possess a background in adult education working with students at varying levels of school completion. The ideal candidate will be fluent in Arabic and/or Chaldean languages.
To provide instruction of general education requirements to a classroom of students who are at different levels of education with the goal of preparing them to successfully obtain their GED.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction and assistance on general and core competency courses of a web-based or in class GED curriculum including math, English, history, and other areas that are a typical part of high school curriculum.
- Assess student progress throughout the course, providing additional educational support to those who may need it.
- Monitor attendance and engage students to encourage and maintain continuity of education in pursuit of their GED.
- Provide updates to the CCF Department of Education Program Manager on classroom activity, participation, and curriculum.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience teaching at a high school level.
- Ability to teach a classroom of students who possess varying levels of education and capabilities.
- Fluency in Arabic required. Fluency in Chaldean/Aramaic preferred.
- Knowledge of computers and applications.
- Understanding of virtual instruction, including how to use ‘virtual classrooms’
- Experience working with adult demographic in education
- Experience developing and updating adult education-based curriculums
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage, and identity of diverse adult populations
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Attention to detail with great organizational skill
- Stress tolerance
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “GED Instructor” in the subject line.