Grant Writer- Development
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a Grant Writer to perform a wide variety of professional analytical, legal and administrative duties in support of assigned functions, operations, programs, and departments. The Grant Writer will be responsible for identifying, defining, and developing funding sources to support existing and planned program activities, as well as coordinating the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals. The position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on the performance of program activities. The candidate should also possess a firm comprehension of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians.
Conduct research and compose grant proposals for public and private grants to fund programs within the Chaldean Community Foundation.
- Perform a wide variety of professional level research, administrative, and analytical duties in support of assigned functions, operations, programs, department, perform duties in support of various administrative operations and activities within assigned area of responsibility including special projects, research studies, and other specialized functions.
- Coordinates grant administration activities; prepare, write, review, and monitor grant applications; monitor existing programs for compliance with regulations.
- Coordinate, implement, and monitor special projects within assigned area of responsibility; perform complex research and analysis of new programs, services, policies, and procedures; prepare and present reports.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of research activities, funding logs and reporting deadlines, grant funding resource materials and publications.
- Monitor program compliance for continuity as related to contract/grant administration.
- Coordinates and implements special projects.
- Provides direct assistance to the Director of Development.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, other members of the office team,
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, meet deadlines and handle conflict resolution.
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Night hours may be required.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Highly articulate with an expert grasp on English composition and grammar
- 2-3 years of grant writing experience
- Technology skills: proficiency with internet research and MS
- Excellent networking, relationship building, interpersonal, organization, time-management skills and strategic thinking skills.
- Self-motivated in identifying challenges/opportunities and providing recommendations for solutions
- Arabic and/or Chaldean speaking is preferred but not required.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Grant Writer” in the subject line.