The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health, and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The CCF is seeking a detail-oriented Immigration Coordinator to join its Sterling Heights location. The ideal candidate is highly organized and pays close attention to detail and accuracy.
Assist immigration team with coordinating paperwork and scheduling appointments and other required support for immigration team.
- Ability to provide an emotionally stable environment for clients
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage, and identity of clients
- Professional personal presentation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Commitment to serve immigrants and compassion for the issues faced by the low-income and/or refugee community.
Education, Experience Qualifications and Duties
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or 3-5 years of immigration education or work experience.
- Outstanding legal research, writing and verbal skills.
- Create and update case files.
- Maintain immigration list and pro/low bono attorney list.
- Work alongside immigration team on pending cases.
- Confirm immigration appointments.
- Sort, scan and file mail.
- Coordinate immigration workshops.
- Dedication to providing high quality assistance and capable of handling issues of immigrant population.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail relating to the completion of forms.
- Knowledge of concepts including adjustment of status, class of admission, immigration forms, and other general immigration law.
- Candidate must be bi-lingual, Arabic speaking.
- Chaldean speaking is preferred but not required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “Immigration Coordinator” in the subject line.