Lead Case Worker
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation. Among its missions is to provide Iraqi Christian and Chaldean refugees with necessary medical, psychological and social services to assist with American acculturation
The Lead Case Manager (LCM) will provide support for the Program Manager, helping to monitor project outcomes and distribute work, acting as a back-up to the Program Manager. The LCM is expected to exercise knowledgeable, independent judgment on routine and non-routine matters.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Be thoroughly familiar with the policies and procedures guiding the work of this position, in particular, the program or department overall. With the ability to perform job functions in line with these policies and procedures.
- Prepare up to date and accurate daily census and email to case management team.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of case files, records and other required documentation and the preparation and reviewing of periodic reports.
- Serve as an advocate on behalf of clients.
- Participate in training required by accreditation standards, plus performance and quality improvement efforts.
- Maintain Professional behavior in all aspects of the job:
- Respect client confidentiality and adhere to all privacy regulations.
- Be an example of team expectations. Be a positive role model and representative for the
- Chaldean Community Foundation in the community.
- Maintain professional appearance and presence.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings an in-service training as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Available to work some (average once a month) evenings and weekends (events, seminars, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s in psychology, sociology, social work or related field required.
- Two to four years prior comparable work experience; 3 years experience in a managerial or supervisory role is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Great attention to detail.
- Proven successful experience in interviewing and counseling skills.
- Knowledge of local resources.
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers. Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the agency.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of the Chaldean Community Foundation and its clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Bilingual (English/Arabic) required, Chaldean proficiency will be strongly considered
- Ability to provide an emotionally stable environment for clients and staff
- Ability to work with diverse populations including children and families
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “lead case worker” in the subject line.