Marketing and Communications Generalist
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation. Among its missions is to provide Iraqi Christian and Chaldean refugees with necessary medical, psychological and social services to assist with American acculturation.
The CCF is seeking Marketing and Communications Generalist to join its Sterling Heights location. The ideal candidate should have extensive communications, public relations, marketing and project management experience with an understanding of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians.
The Marketing and Communications Generalist will effectively create and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications plan to deliver the CCF’s story to key stakeholders, donors, the public and the media. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of publications, creating content for social media, managing website content, facilitating marketing campaigns, and creating collateral for events.
Main Job Tasks And Responsibilities
- Create, develop and manage the CCF’s strategic marketing and communications plan.
- Articulate the CCF’s messaging strategy and ensure that all communications (newsletters, blogs posts, etc.) are consistent with the CCF’s brand and purpose.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and the CCF’s website.
- Manage the details of event and promotion implementation, including, but not limited to, the following areas: collateral, entertainment, merchant participation, digital presence and email enrollment.
- Develop, supervise production, proofread and edit all collateral materials for the CCF.
- Execute key website projects and ongoing website tasks.
- Efficiently manage marketing initiatives, including digital strategies, social media strategies and email marketing strategies.
- Oversee the development of all marketing and advertising materials.
- Implement strategic metrics to gauge effectiveness of all marketing programs.
- Provide day-to-day ownership and expertise on social content publishing tools (ex: Facebook, Instagram, hashtags, reposting, etc.), including posting of all content, moderation, and promoted post targeting.
- Moderate all social media channels to increase engagement brand affinity.
- Develop social media content calendar and work daily on social media channels including copywriting and creating and/or editing digital graphics.
- Capture and edit CCF photography as needed.
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Multi-tasking and project management abilities.
- Strong editing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Minimum of three years of progressive communications and management experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of marketing or digital marketing work experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of key digital marketing concepts.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator, basic knowledge of video editing a plus.
- Must be able to work some evenings on an as needed basis.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “Marketing and Communications Generalist” in the subject line.