Marketing and Communications Generalist
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation. Among its missions is to provide Iraqi Christian and Chaldean refugees with necessary medical, psychological and social services to assist with American acculturation.
The CCF is seeking Marketing and Communications generalist to join its Sterling Heights location. The ideal candidate should have extensive communications, public relations, marketing and project management experience with an understanding of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians.
The Marketing and Communications Generalist will effectively create and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications plan to deliver the CCF’s story to key stakeholders, donors, the public and the media. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of publications, creating content for social media, managing website content, facilitating marketing campaigns, and creating collateral for events.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Efficiently manage marketing initiatives, including digital, social media and email marketing strategies.
• Create promotional material including original development of social media content, articles, mass email distribution material, membership directory and other communication.
• Assist with the development, distribution, and maintenance of print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and the CCF’s website.
• Develop social media content calendar and work daily on social media channels including copywriting and creating and/or editing digital graphics.
• Execute key website projects and ongoing website tasks.
• Oversee the development of all marketing and advertising materials.
• Implement strategic metrics to gauge effectiveness of all marketing programs.
• Provide day-to-day ownership and expertise on social content publishing tools (ex: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, hashtags, reposting, etc.), including posting of all content, moderation, and promoted post targeting.
• Assist with event and membership promotion, including, but not limited to, the following areas: collateral, entertainment, member participation, digital presence and email enrollment.
• Attend CCF and CACC events, meetings and various off-site functions.
• Moderate all social media channels to increase engagement brand affinity.
• Capture and edit CCF and CACC photography as needed.
• Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Public speaking and presentation skills.
• Multi-tasking and project management abilities.
• Strong editing skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
• Minimum of three years of progressive communications and management experience.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of marketing or digital marketing work experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of key digital marketing concepts.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator, basic knowledge of video editing a plus.
• 1-3 years’ experience with marketing and membership coordination.
• Must be able to work evenings on an as needed basis.
• High energy, positive attitude, flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to complete projects on time without daily supervision; high degree of initiative and detail.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Familiarity working with social media, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Familiarity with Constant Contact and Adobe Creative Cloud software preferred.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line.