Quality and Accreditation Coordinator
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The CCF is seeking a Quality and Accreditation Coordinator to manage and oversee organizational compliance and the application of quality standards in the daily and overall operations pertaining to services provided to clients and employee adherence to company policies.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Track and manage all staff trainings and continuing education requirements, including professional certifications
- Work closely with HR and program managers to secure new/additional training, education and certification opportunities for staff based on workplace observance and market research
- Maintain a thorough understanding and adherence to CARF accreditation policies, surveys and recommendations, continuously identifying and creating training opportunities based on these assessments
- Routinely review and audit case notes to ensure accuracy, attention to detail and adherence to best practices
- Continuously update and monitor client satisfaction survey, making recommendations to program managers based on survey results
- Work with HR, the executive team and program managers to develop solutions aimed at continuous process improvement of client services and internal policies
- Follow-up on client complaints, gathering relevant information to analyze client experience, work with program manager to resolve client concern and improve performance based on outcomes
- Determine, plan and manage staff trainings and training needs, especially as they pertain to CARF requirements and recommendations
- Advise executive and management teams on the status of compliance to CARF standards, internal policies, and industry benchmarks
- Work closely with HR to develop and implement performance measures based on audits, staff reviews and survey results to drive continuous quality improvement within the organization
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage and keep current logs for training, education, process flows, and more
- Experience working with CARF accreditation preferred
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and work well with team members with the goal of driving quality expectations
- Together with HR, cultivate a training/learning environment which will promote employee competency and confidence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high proficiency in auditing and producing reports
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, TEAMS, Excel, Power Point, etc).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Economics, Human Resources, Project Management or related field.
- 3-5 years of career experience in quality assurance, accreditation and training
- Experience and high degree of comprehension of CARF or a similar accreditation group preferred
- Experience working in a case work or behavioral health setting preferred
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to email@example.com and include “Quality and Accreditation Coordinator” in the subject line.