Tobacco Grant Coordinator
The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a Tobacco Grant Coordinator to join its Sterling Heights location, part time and on site 3 days per week. The ideal candidate has a background in public outreach programs, particularly those that relate to public health and a strong grasp of social media as a tool for outreach and program promotion. Ideally the candidate will be fluent in English, Arabic and Chaldean/Aramaic with an understanding of the Chaldean community and the plight of Iraqi Christians. Some night hours may be required.
To provide resources, create and promote prevention, awareness and support to the community on the risks of Tabaco use and how to quit.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Attend meeting with stakeholders, coalitions, and community groups.
- Present to communities about dangers of tobacco use, benefits of quitting, and quitting assistance resources.
- Work with community partners regularly to achieve objectives such as smoke free parks or updated school tobacco policies. Present to stakeholders on various topics.
- Conduct outreach with local physicians regarding resources for patients using tobacco.
- Work with community outreach team to develop social media post and advertisements (radio and print).
- Attend monthly meetings with public health officials across the state.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License and appropriate insurance.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Chaldean preferred
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Appreciation of the cultural background, heritage and identity of client
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Professional personal presentation
- Information management
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Tobacco Grant Coordinator” in the subject line.