Chaldean Community Foundation Annual Academic Scholarship Program
The purpose of this annual program is to help Chaldean students achieve their academic goals and support their efforts at higher education.
The program allows philanthropic efforts to make a greater impact, providing funds for tuition, paid directly to the schools so that Chaldean scholars may seek different vocational pursuits.
Our Scholarship program is now closed for 2023. Recipients of this year’s scholarship program have been notified. Our 2024 Scholarship Program will launch summer 2024. Stay tuned to the website and our social media channels for more information.
- Open to Chaldean students and learners.
- Status: Must maintain U.S legal status as an immigrant, refugee, asylee, permanent resident or U.S. Citizen.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are not past recipients.
- Scholarship grant money is intended to help subsidize financial burden of education-related cost.
LAWRENCE TECH CHALDEAN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
Lawrence Technological University is partnering with the Chaldean Community Foundation on providing scholarships to Chaldean high school students by matching the great work the foundation is already doing and offering a stand-alone scholarship to incoming freshman up to $18,000.00.
For more information, visit Lawrence Tech University’s website.
ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
Find additional criteria under each scholarship fund.
w3r Consulting S.T.E.M. Scholarship Fund
w3r Consulting recognizes that the future of technology rests in the ability of our Chaldean youth to pursue higher education. This exciting program will assist Chaldean students, who are residents and attending Michigan colleges and universities, to achieve their academic and professional goals.
For candidates pursuing S.T.E.M. degrees.
- S.T.E.M. and I.T/Computer fields of study
- GPA requirement of 3.0 or greater at a two-or four-year accredited Michigan College, University, or Community College.
- Michigan-based Chaldean undergraduate (sophomores, juniors & seniors) students.
- Must maintain for a full-time student status (12 credit hours or more).
- Attending a four-year undergraduate accredited Michigan University, College or Community College Degree focus in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S.T.E.M).
Drs. Nathima and Peter Atchoo Family Foundation Scholarship Fund
The Drs. Nathima and Peter Atchoo Family Foundation Scholarship was established to assist and encourage Chaldean students to continue their education.
For candidates pursuing higher education, including community college, university, and graduate studies in preparation for a career in the field of their choice.
- The scholarship is open to any student from any state seeking to attend or is currently attending any institution in pursuit of higher education.
Yvonne Nona Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Yvonne Nona Memorial Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to Chaldean women pursuing higher education, including community college and university studies in preparation for a career in the field of their choice. The Yvonne Nona Memorial Scholarship Fund has been established in memory of the late Yvonne E. Nona.
- Female Chaldean students and learners.
- Sophomore-level students and above.
- Geographic institution: Open to undergraduate or trade school students in any Michigan school.
- Geographic residency: Must be a resident in the State of Michigan.
Abdul Karim and Jameela Sesi Memorial Scholarship Fund
This scholarship fund was established in memory of Abdul Karim and Jameela Sesi, providing financial assistance to anyone pursuing education beyond high school in preparation for a career in the field of their choice.
Karim and Bernadette Sarafa General Scholarship Fund
The Karim and Bernadette Sarafa General Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to Chaldean undergraduate students pursuing education beyond high school.
Offers a minimum of $2,500 scholarship(s) for candidates.
DA Advisory Group Fund
The DA Advisory Group Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to Chaldean undergraduate students (sophomores, juniors, or seniors only) pursuing a degree in the field of accounting.
This exciting program will assist students, who are residents and attending specific Michigan colleges and universities to achieve their academic and professional goals.
STAY CONNECTED | Sign up for our Strong Foundations e-newsletter