The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health, and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking an Event Coordinator to join its Sterling Heights location on site. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, is strongly skilled in event planning with high attention to detail and can work effectively with outside committees and the public.
Plan and manage all aspects of CCF special events and solicit event sponsorship for the Chaldean Community Foundation.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan and conceptualize all aspects of special events including site selection, theme, guest speakers, food & beverage, and audio/visual needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise on all aspects of event planning in various capacities (from small to large scale events).
- Engage attendees, solicitors, and prospective donors before and during events.
- Conceptualize and host virtual events.
- Ensure that special events progress seamlessly by following established procedures and collaborating with committee members.
- Provide updates to manager and executives on event planning.
- Conduct and maintain vendor relations with conference centers/event halls, caterers, printers, graphic designers, and other service providers.
- Solicit sponsorships for events.
- Plan event with attention to financial and time constraints.
- Work with marketing team for event publicity purposes.
- Maintain and provide updates on RSVP lists.
- Attend and oversee all special events.
- Manage event set-up, tear down, and follow up processes.
- Evaluate event success using outcomes to drive enhancement of future events.
- Customer service orientation and public speaking and presentation skills; working with public is required*.
- Firm grasp of time management.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Strongly skilled in information management.
- Highly organized with excellent advance planning capability.
- Strong sense of initiative and can work well in both collaborative and autonomous environments.
- Punctual, arriving on time (early when required) for events and remaining after the event.
- Stress tolerance.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business is preferred, marketing or related field preferred
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills to include managing concurrent tasks efficiently.
- Minimum of two years of experience managing events and overseeing contracts for services.
- Demonstrated ability to self-start as well as work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work overtime (nights and weekends) for events as needed.
*The Chaldean Community Foundation has developed and implemented a robust workplace policy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, adhering to the CDC, and State and Federal guidelines. Included in this policy is the provision of personal protection equipment, touchless thermometers, capacity restrictions and 6 feet social distancing markers to ensure the safety and comfort of its staff and guests.
Candidates should e-mail a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Event Coordinator” in the subject line.