The Chaldean Community Foundation (CCF) improves the stability, health, and wellness of those we serve through advocacy, acculturation, community development and cultural preservation.
The Chaldean Community Foundation is seeking a facilities/transportation candidate to join its team, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Operate/drive a bus and passenger car to ensure safe transportation of clients to and from various destinations and to assist clients on entry and exit from vehicles as necessary. Maintain inventory, cleanliness, and indoor and outdoor appearance of the facility.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Drives an assigned route to transport clients safely and reliably to and from various human service locations, educational institutions, medical facilities, and other locations.
• Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of car and bus including cleaning the interior of both vehicles and ensuring the proper maintenance and repair.
• Assists passengers in getting in and out of vehicles, and other courtesies.
• Assists passengers in securing wheelchairs and other mobility devices if needed.
• Maintain vehicle mileage reports.
• Walk the perimeter of the facility daily and dispose of all trash.
• Stock the CCF cantina daily and facilitate the ordering of items.
• Maintain all equipment in the CCF cantina.
• Replenish water, coffee, utensils, etc. in each kitchen daily.
• Assist with gym setup and tear down during events.
• Performs other duties as assigned related to building operations.
• Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment.
• Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
• Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others.
• Ability to operate a car and small bus.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to operate lift equipment and to correctly secure wheelchairs and other mobility
• Ability to lift weights of 40-60 lbs.
• Must be punctual and reliable.
• Well-versed in facilities management best practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Occasionally work in outside weather conditions which may include exposure to seasonal weather such as extreme heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
• Must be 18 years of age or older, with a clean driving record, and a chauffer’s driver’s license and valid driver’s license issued by the State of Michigan.
• Must take and successfully pass a background check, pre-employment drug test, as well as at random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
• Must be fluent in English. Fluency in Arabic and Chaldean (Aramaic) is preferred.
• Must be able to work overtime (nights and weekends) as needed.